Here are 30 goals to accomplish during this year of being 30!
- Return to pre-JA-pregnancy weight.
Cut and donate my hair.(See it here.)
- Run a 5K.
- Try one new recipe per month.
- Attend a group fitness class (other than yoga). (Part B: do not injure anyone at said class).
- Do not eat anything after dinner for 2 weeks.
- Use 5 different ingredients I have never used to make new recipes.
- Read and review one book/month, 6 fiction, 6 non-fiction.
- "Unplug" (FB, Twitter, blogging/blog reading, Instagram) for one week.
- Submit 3 pieces of writing for publication.
- Take a class or workshop to nurture my creativity.
- Write 3 "hard to write" posts (difficult or controversial subjects).
- Write 3 poems.
- Volunteer for an organization at least one hour/month for 3 months.
- Plan and execute 1 date/month, August 2012-May 2013. (Date 1)
- Attend one social gathering (of adults, not kids) outside of my home once a month.
- Take Abigail and Anna on an individual "mom date" once a month. (Date 1)
- Take a 24 hour retreat by myself.
- Write John a love letter/memory of our love story.
- Compliment John at least 10 times/day for 2 weeks.
- Hug kids and John at least 5 times/day for 1 week.
- Perform 30 random acts of kindness.
- Choose and pray a verse over each of my children and John every day for 2 weeks.
- Read my Bible every day for 1 month (at least one Scripture.)
- Memorize a basic Catechism (and teach it to the kids).
- Pray morning and evening prayers from Common Prayer every day for 2 weeks.
- Share my faith with 3 people.
- Listen to at least 2 spiritual/faith-enhancing podcasts/month.
- Identify a spiritual mentor or someone to hold me spiritually accountable.
- Learn more about our faith tradition and the operations/legislation of the UMC General Conference.